As a member of Fellesforbundet, you enjoy many benefits, in terms of wages/salary protection, working hours and other social benefits. Membership also gives you access to excellent insurance options and other membership benefits, e.g. rental cars, holidays/experiences, mobile telephone/broadband through LOfavør.
Members working in an enterprise covered by a collective agreement enjoy:
- Guaranteed, contractual salary (according to the collective agreement) Right to annual local negotiations
- 37,5 working hours or less a week. Assistance in the event of involuntary part-time work or breach of the law or contractual provisions on working hours
- Statutory parental, care and educational leave. As a partner, you are entitled to 14 days of paid leave in connection with the birth/adoption of a child
- At least 50% and often 100% overtime allowance
- Various allowances such as evening, night and weekend allowances
- National Insurance provisions and AFP allowance (contractual pension)
- 5 weeks’ holiday and 12% holiday allowance
- Right to legal assistance/assessment in the event of termination
- Right to legal assistance/assessment in the event of occupational injury
Enterprise not covered by a collective agreement
If you are a member, but work in an enterprise that is not covered by a collective agreement, you are still entitled to assistance in the event of involuntary part-time work or a breach of the Norwegian Working Environment Act as well as in the event of an occupational injury or dismissal.
Insurance options offered by Fellesforbundet
LOfavør Home Contents Insurance: A full-value insurance of contents and movables that also includes liability insurance, legal aid insurance and insurance of your contents and movables. The insurance does not cover student members.
LOfavør Basic Insurance: This insurance policy provides financial ‘first aid’ in the form of a one-off payment when a member, spouse/cohabitant or child dies. The insurance does not cover student members.
LOfavør Accident Insurance: This insurance policy provides financial support in the event of death, disability and treatment expenses resulting from an accident that has occurred outside working hours. All members below the age of 70 are eligible for this insurance – with the exception of student members.
Download insurance brochure (in Norwegian)
LOfavør Legal Aid Insurance: All professionally active members of Fellesforbundet are eligible for this scheme from 1 May 2020. The insurance costs NOK 71/ month. The insurance policy applies to key areas of law in private life, such as family and inheritance, purchase of goods, rent, neighbour disputes, insurance claims and revocation of driver’s licence.
LOfavør Travel Insurance: All members of Fellesforbundet are eligible for this insurance at NOK 95 a month. The insurance policy covers the whole family, 24 hours a day, globally. No excess or cancellation insurance is included.
Very favourable mortgage rates
LOfavør offers members a range of benefits. Check out the new LOfavør Mortgages (in Norwegian) which offers a very favourable rate.
Support for further/continuing education/training
If you are a member of the Fellesforbundet (and not a student) and have been a member for the past three years, you will be able to apply for support from the Confederation of Trade Unions’ (LO) educational fund! The fund provides support for full-year educational/training courses as well as for shorter courses.
Find out more about support for further education/training (in Norwegian)
You can become a member of Fellesforbundet even if you are self-employed.